Equality and Diversity Policy
Brook Media is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst our entire workforce. We recognize it is within our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society.
This policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness to all in our employment and not provide less favorable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, and sexual orientation. We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All employees, whether part-time, full-time, or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect.
When selecting candidates for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit, it will be on the basis of aptitude and ability.
All employees will be given help and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilize their unique talents.
Brook Media further commits to:
- create a working environment in which the contributions of all team members are recognized and valued.
- create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for every employee.
- a zero-tolerance of any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment of any kind, and to discipline those that breach this policy.
- encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can apply corrective measures.
- regularly review all our employment practices and procedures so that fairness is maintained at all times.
Brook Media will inform all employees that an equality and diversity policy is in operation and that they are obligated to comply with its requirements and promote fairness in the workplace. The policy will also be drawn to the attention of funding agencies, stakeholders, customers, supply chains, and job applicants.
The Brook Media Environmental Policy applies to all activities undertaken by the company and impacts upon key personal, suppliers and customers.
Firstly, we are committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. We will achieve this through our commitment to:
- Complying with all local, federal and international relevant environmental legislation and regulations;
- Prioritizing carbon neutrality by purchasing carbon credits as well as through the support of habitat and biodiversity restoration;
- Regularly reviewing the environmental impact of our activities, and endeavoring to reduce our overall environmental impact and prevent waste using best practice techniques;
- Employing a company Environmental Impact and Sustainability Manager as a permanent part of our office team whose job is to monitor staff, customers and suppliers for environmental compliance;
- Involving employees in our environmental program and providing the necessary training to enable them to discharge these responsibilities;
- Employing an Environmental Field Impact and Sustainability Manager during production filming in the field, who will be responsible for on-the-ground enforcement and compliance of all relevant local and federal environmental legislation and regulations;
- Working with key suppliers to encourage them to develop environmental best practices; and
- Improving resource efficiency, including the use of water, energy and raw materials.
The full policy is available on request.